Saturday, January 10, 2009

Make-as-you-go quilt


I am participating in a quilt along with Kim over at youcanmakethis. We're on step two of the quilt, sewing our fabric square pairs together and cutting them on the diagonal. And being the procrastinator that I am, I waited till today to get the 64 fabric squares cut, which was step 1. So, I've been pretty busy today cutting and sewing fabric. Above is a picture, although sideways, of the half square triangles that I spent all day cutting. I'm so happy to be doing this quilt with others though, because to be honest, if I was doing it alone it would be on my WISP list. Now I have to get started on my calendar quilt that I'm doing with Rachel. I have the strips cut out already, just have to get them sewn together. Oh, and did I mention that I'm also doing a BOM with Anne Sutton . It's called A Tisket A Tasket 12months of Baskets. This is going to be the most fun I believe because with this quilt along, we receive a new quilt block each month. At the end of the 12 months we'll get instructions on how to put the quilt together. The button for this fun project is on the left if you want to join in. I better get going while I still have the energy, lots to do.
Tootles!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Looks like you're well on your way with the YCMT quilt. I just got my calendar quilt going last night. Still not quite up to date on it, but a lot closer than I was. So that is 2 of 3 of my quilts I've got going. If you're interested, you can see what I'm doing at http://shellsspecialty.blogspot.com
I'll be keeping up with your progress here.
Quilting Together,
Shelly