Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day

We've been having reports of snowing possibly coming in for today and tomorrow. Well I wake up this morning to... 2 inches of snow. So the schools are closed down. Are they serious?!!! Where I come from, NY, 2 inches is more like a dusting of snow. Definitely not enough to close down the schools. Goodness gracious, I've got to get used to living in the south. So I sit here twirling my fingers, what to do, what to do. I could have the children do some work out of the many workbooks I have in the house. Naw, I think I'll let them have their snow day. Go in the yard and play in the 2 inches before it melts. Which may be around noon if it lasts that long. I'll be watching from the window as I'm used to the snow and 2 inches is not enough for me to get my feet wet.

~Tootles!

2 comments:

My Army Brats and Me said...

I think we might get a little tomorrow. Wonder what they will do here. I guess we will see. How are you liking it? My next big dr apt is in about a month. Lord keep me cancer free.

Love ya

Kriza said...

it does sound funny to have the schools closed for 2 inches of snow... :-)
we had about 6-8 inches before Christmas, and all the schools were open :-) unfortunately it all melted for Christmas, we had -13 celsius one day, than +10-12 in 5 days' time - silly weather.

Happy New Year to you!

Kristina