Saturday, May 23, 2009

Alani's Chinese Coins Quilt

Do you all remember the monster quilt I started for my oldest baby? It began as a strip like this...

and is now starting to look like a quilt. The pic doesn't look as good as the quilt. I guess it was the not so bright lighting last night. But there are 6 strips of coins with sashing and outer border. I still have to put another border and the backing and you know the rest of the stuff that goes into it, but I have made some progress. And I must say, we are in love with it.


I also wanted to share some postcards I made for a postcard swap. These were already received by other swappers. This one is my favorite. I didn't realize how crooked the card is. I'll have to work on that for my next swap.

This wedge shoe and handbag is a close second to the little black dress.





~Tootles!

5 comments:

Kaye said...

The post cards are adorable! I can see why you are pleased with the quilt, its nice and bright and cheery. Isn't it amazing what color does?

Barb said...

I love the quilt...great colors

Mountain Home Quilts said...

I love coin quilts! Great job. Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway! I don't have any finished pics of my Civil War Crossing quilt just yet because I haven't added the binding. It's been quilted for about 2 months but I've been a tad lazy about actually sewing the binding on. ;)

CLAUDIA GIORNO said...

Bello Carlotta!!!!

Alison said...

I just love the shoe and dress squares!! How cute are they!!