Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I don't know if you all have heard about this, but Amy over at Park City Girl, is hosting the First Annual Bloggers Quilt Festival. So I thought it'd be fun to be a part of this event. We were told to choose our favorite quilt to share. For me that was easy because I've only done three. For those of you that read my blog, you've seen this before, but I hope you don't mind seeing it agin. This scrappy pinwheel quilt I did with the ladies at youcanmakethis is my favorite. I like this quilt because I can look at each block and tell you what the fabric in that block was used for. There is fabric from some from purses I've made, a pillow, and even a pair of shorts for my son.
This pic shows the back of the quilt. I had to buy extra fabric for that part. But if you look closely, you can see the binding had to be pieced together because I didn't have enough fabric.

So there you have it. My addition to the First Annual Bloggers Quilt Festival. Pop on over to Park City Girl when you get a chance and check out the other 500+ bloggers that have shared quilts in this festival.
~Tootles!

11 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Very cute quilt. And tell your hubby thank you for serving our country!

Anonymous said...

It is always fun to use fabrics from special projects. On this Earth Day, you have shown something that reminds us to recycle, reuse. Great!

Zonnah said...

I love pinwheels. Yours is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous...very cool quilt!

Quilt Rat said...

I adore pinwheels, bright and cheerful...great quilt

Scrappy quilter said...

Cute quilt. What a bright and cheerful quilt

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Darling quilt.

The Muse said...

Cheers to you girl! And Ooooo...what a nice submission for the event! (I like the "frame" addition to the quilt area!

You made me smile when you talked about making your son a pair of shorts...LOL the first pair I made were a disaster! LOL

Unknown said...

cute quilt!! Thanks for sharing :)

stitchinpenny said...

Great quilt

Anonymous said...

What a pretty, fluffy, quilt!! :)